Compared to open moulding the main benefits are:
- Reduced emission of gas to outer and inner environment
- Cleaner and more worker friendly environment
- Higher quality of laminate with less voids
- Increased weight/strength ration
- Minimal voids eliminates water ingress in deep water/high pressure
CSUB has since 2003 developed this technique specially aimed for optimizing injection of large parts. We have further developed our technique to be able to perform injection also with integrated foam stiffeners. This will reduce the requirement for secondary bonding operations. CSUB routinely produces large parts up to 30 tons with this method. The use of the vacuum infusion method highly reduces emission, and is the main reason that we in 2008 were certified according to ISO 14001.
If required, CSUB also has trained Composite Technicians to perform hand layup. We have a separate moulding room with ventilation to perform this operation.
During this operation we take utmost care using proper PPE to avoid exposure to the Operators. Less than 1 % of our production is performed using Hand layup.