CSUB™ Wellhead Protection Structure
CSUB has developed a new GRP Single Well Protection Structure combining requirement for overtrawlability design with the need for full ROV access to the Wellhead.
CSUB patented in-house design has been developed as an alternative to the traditional steel protection structure. The structure has features such as:
- Self penetrating skirts for stabilization – skirt height approx 1.5m depending on soil conditions
- Large openings on every side for good ROV access
- Top hatches providing access for well operations
- Removable bridge design allowing for spool installation post protection structure installation
The new GRP Single Well Protection Structure has the following advantages compared to a traditional steel design.
- Cheaper to manufacture
- Less deck space required
- Crane limitations are less restrictive – wrt: hook height, crane radius, SWL etc.
- Doesn’t require large suction cans – thus avoiding potential pile refusal during penetration
- Quicker installation – no need to wait on soil penetration of cans
- Easier to recover to deck if required
For more information, contact us.