CSUB Delivers State-of-the-Art Crossings for Rosmari-Marjoram Gas Field Project

CSUB, known for its cutting-edge solutions in subsea composite structures, has recently completed a pivotal project, delivering six custom-designed GRP crossings for the Rosmari-Marjoram sour gas project off the coast of Sarawak, Malaysia.

Project Insights and Strategic Developments

The Rosmari-Marjoram project, operated by Shell’s Sarawak Shell Ber had with an 80%i nterest and with Carigali Sdn Berhad, a Petronas subsidiary, holding the remaining 20%, marks a significant milestone in the efficient development of deepwater gas resources. With the final investment decision made in September 2022, the project is poised to enhance Malaysia’s gas production capacity.

CSUB has played a crucial role by providing innovative crossing structures for the gas fields, delivering a total of 6 crossings, which include 10 ramps and 5 bridges, all tailor-made for the project’s unique needs.

Innovations in Crossing Structures

CSUB has been instrumental in the project, fabricating six custom-designed GRP crossings that are critical to the project’s infrastructure. The GRP crossings, comprising of ten ramps and five bridges, are engineering feats in their own right, combining robustness with sustainability.

  • Each ramp extends an impressive 41.5 meters in length and 10.2 meters in width, with each piece weighing 34.5 Te
  • The bridges measure 24 meters in length and a width of 10.3 meters.

The crossing structures are designed to support both flexible flowlines/umbilical sand rigid pipelines. Their designs offer multiple advantages.

  • They ensure a low impact on the soil, preserving the underwater environment.
  • The installation process is streamlined and straightforward, saving valuable time and resources.
  • The structures feature low friction surfaces, with the option to add low friction pads to the GRP, further minimizing resistance.

This delivery is not just a testament to CSUB’s manufacturing excellence but also to its commitment to supporting the energy sector’s shift towards more environmentally responsible materials and practices.

Why choose composite?

  • Reduced Environmental Footprint: By choosing composite (GRP) over traditional materials, the crossings contribute to a lower carbon footprint. This aligns with the growing demand for more environmentally friendly industrial practices.
  • Maintenance-Free Longevity: The GRP crossings are designed to last 25-50 years without maintenance, thanks to the durable nature of the materials used, signifying a long-term, cost-effective solution.
  • Cost-Effective Solutions: A significant decrease in lead times translates to reduced capital and operational expenditures, providing economic benefits to the project.
  • Lightweight and Efficient: With a 50-70% reduction in weight compared to concrete and steel, these GRP structures are easier to handle and transport. Their stackable design further aids in economizing space during transit and storage.
  • Customization: Each crossing is tailored to meet the specific requirements of the Rosmari-Marjoram project, ensuring optimal performance.
  • Streamlined Logistics: The stackable nature of these structures greatly simplifies shipment logistics, demonstrating CSUB’s innovative approach to design and functionality.

Looking Ahead

The completion of the Rosmari-Marjoram project is a testament to the collaborative spirit and technical prowess of all parties involved. CSUB, by delivering on this project, reinforces its role as an industry leader and a committed partner to the subsea industry in their quest for sustainable solutions.

CSUB is set to continue driving advancements in the field, ensuring that every project we undertake is delivered with precision and foresight, ready to meet the demands of the dynamic and evolving subsea landscape.

Optimize the safety and efficiency of your subsea pipeline installations with CSUB’s advanced crossing structures. Contact our team today to find out how our customized solutions can meet the specific needs of your project.